Saturday, February 11, 2012

hard to find music

I like to go on my music hunt rambles on music related websites,
mainly the music that's not heard on mainstream radio.
I do like to attend live shows in an intimate enviroment w/o excessive
raucousness & thick cigarette smoke mainly coffeehouse like settings.
I make videos with a small blue digital camera
one of my videos is in a different title



Here are ACME Swing Mfg Co based out in Charlottesville,VA, I have the good fortune to be well aquainted with them, Thier music brings out renditions of swing, old jazz & other USO dance pieces for nostalgic value. The swing dancers really do complement the music provided.

Haywood

ACME Swing Mfg Co @ Cville Coffee 1/20/12

Susannah & Jackson

Sam

Mary Beth & Susannah


I recieved an invite from Sabra to attend a concert @ the Random Row Books in early April 2011, it was in the middle of the week. the event wasn't heavily publicised. I got to hear unique old time music there by Halliday Line (the opener) & Old Sledge & it feels like your'e right @ home.

Halliday Line



Old Sledge @ Random Row Books early April 2011
@ the Batesville Store 3/6/10

I went cruising with 2 friends to Batesville & Lovingston,VA to hear rootsy traditional music in hard to        find spots                           outside of           Charlottesville,VA March 6,2010


Skeedaddle @ Rapunzels in Lovingston,VA 3/6/10






It was a wonderful night to finally see the Wiyos @ the Gravity Lounge on March 4,2009.
I became a fan of their music following seeing their You Tube videos & I wanted to see & hear them for myself.  I do miss the venue which ceased operation a month later.

Michael,Joe & Parrish
the Wiyos
prior to thier immense summer tour of '09

Teddy

Michael

Teddy & Michael

Joe & Parrish
the Wiyos @ the Gravity Lounge 3/4/2009
the Bisciut Burners @ Gravity Lounge 2008

The biscuit Burners @ Gravity Lounge 2008

Billy Cardine

Odessa Rose Jorgeson & Mary Lucy

Billy's pickin' hand

the two Man gentlemen Band @ the Mockingbird Staunton,VA Dec 2010


Andy Bean

Fuller Condon


Hard Road Trio @ a house concert 3/2/12 Charlottesville,VA

I was soooo fortunate to catch the Tillers @ the Blue Moon Diner on Tuesday night March 20, here is thier video depicted above,ACME Swing Mfg Co is depicted below the Tillers @ the Cville Coffee

1 comment: